|4th Grade Frolics!|
|Doctor Who shoes from the back...|
|Danielle and Carrie showing off the shoes!|
|Me painting away! I love painting! :)|
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet Match Game - 2 Game Boards!
|Just starting to paint the leaves in...|
- Draw the tree in pencil.
- Paint the leaves a few different solid shades of green.
- Paint the trunk dark brown. Put coconuts around for a border!
- Let dry, then add A-Z stickers all over the tree!
- Add A-Z stickers to tokens (I need to go grab some of my red/yellow two sided tokens from my classroom. I'll have stickers on the red side for one game board, yellow side for the other game board.
Magnetic Ten Frames
Target not only had great letter stickers, they also had these magnetic rectangles in the Dollar Spot. I saw them and instantly knew what I would turn them into!
1. Take off the existing ribbon.
2. Cut a roll of beautiful duck tape in about 1/4 inch stripes. If you can slit through a couple layers with a razor, it will rip that width for awhile! I got my dear husband to do that, I am too clumsy! Aww, Rosco's cute little pug tail made it in this picture!
3. Apply duck tape across the middle, evenly spaced, four times short-ways. It's ok if it is not cut perfectly straight, the wobbliness is kinda cute!
4. Apply duck tape down the middle long ways.
5. Make a duck tape border, folding over on to the back. Ta-da!
6. You can use whatever magnets you like, but I got these shiny stones that I am applying magnets to the back of, once I find some magnets...
I will be putting three of these under my calendar and we'll make the date on them.
Here is today's date, and the beautiful new border that will be going on my bulletin boards!
We'll use the other one during number talks to show what we think the number is that I flash to them on a ten frame. Examples....
My favorite number:
What do you think? Cute or what??? I LOVE these!
Pencil Bucket UPGRADE!
Again at Target in the Dollar Spot, I found a big fat pencil bucket with my favorite color on the bottom. Otherwise pretty bland though. I knew I'd be picking up ribbon to match my new color scheme though, so this pencil bucket got a facelift!
|New Color Scheme!|
|Bucket + Ribbon= beautiful!|
First I hot glued ribbon flat around it. Then, I consulted youtube for how to make a cute little bow.
I hot glued the bow on. Now I am keeping my eyes peeled for a just right accent to go above the bow. Or I might leave it as is.
A simple quick project - Puzzle Baggies
This really does not equal a craft project, but if you struggle with maimed puzzle boxes, try cutting out the image of the completed puzzle from the box, and then stick it and all the pieces in a ziploc bag. Slider bags are really the best. Target has these puzzles in, you guessed it! the Dollar Spot.